The mission of March for Our Lives Seattle is to demand that comprehensive and effective legislation be immediately brought before Congress to address these gun issues.
No special interest group or political agenda is more critical than the timely passage of legislation to effectively address the gun violence issues rampant in our country.
Our Legislative Goals
- Implement universal background checks
- Eliminate private gun sale loopholes
- Repeal the Dickey Amendment to allow for extensive and thorough scientific research on gun-related violence
- Support and fund prevention, intervention and community re-entry programs that reduce community gun violence
- Ban the purchase and sale of semi-automatic rifles
- Ban the sales of accessories designed to increase the rate at which a gun fires
- Call on members of Congress and corporations to stop accepting donations from the NRA
- Ensure safety in our school system without the use of firearms
- Raise the legal age to possess a firearm in Washington state, from 18 to 21 years of age